Why deploy realtime asset tracking in hospitals
Hospital asset tracking technology on wireless mesh. There are a number of different wireless technologies that can be used for realtime asset tracking, including Bluetooth Low Energy mesh (Wirepas, UWB, Wifi). Each technology has its own strengths and weaknesses, so it is important to choose the one that is right for your specific needs.
- Deploy the asset tracking hardware. Once you have chosen a wireless asset tracking technology, you will need to deploy the necessary hardware. This may include tags, beacons, and readers. Bluetooth Tags are attached to the assets that you want to track. Beacons are placed throughout the hospital environment to detect the tags and transmit their location data to the Anchors. These are connected to a secure cloud system that tracks the location of all of the assets with up to 3 meter accuracy and a battery life of up to 10 years
- Install the realtime asset tracking software. The asset tracking software such as RipplesIPS will allow you to view the location of your assets in real time and generate reports on their movement.
- Train your staff. Once the hospital asset tracking system is in place, you will need to train your staff on how to use it. This will include training on how to attach tags to assets, how to use the asset tracking software, and how to interpret the data that the system generates.
Considerations for enabling realtime hospital asset tracking solutions
- Hospital environment. Hospitals are complex environments with a variety of different types of rooms and equipment. It is important to choose a realtime asset tracking technology that can work reliably in this environment.
- Security and compliance. Hospitals must comply with a variety of security and healthcare regulations. It is important to choose an asset tracking system that meets these requirements, such as Bluetooth Low Energy.
- Integration. The hospital asset tracking system should be integrated with the hospital’s existing IT systems, such as the electronic health record (EHR) system. This will allow the hospital to get the most out of the asset tracking system.
Once you have considered all of these factors, you can begin to implement a wireless indoor asset tracking system in your hospital.
Here are some of the benefits of using wireless indoor asset tracking in hospitals:
- Improved efficiency. Hospital Asset tracking can help hospitals to improve their efficiency by reducing the time that staff spend searching for lost or misplaced assets.
- Reduced costs. Asset tracking can help hospitals to reduce their costs by preventing the loss or theft of assets.
- Improved patient care. Asset tracking can help hospitals to improve patient care by ensuring that the right equipment is available when and where it is needed.
Overall, wireless indoor asset tracking can be a valuable tool for hospitals to improve their efficiency, reduce costs, and improve patient care.
Benefits to deploying realtime hospital asset tracking solutions
- Improved patient care. Wireless asset tracking can help hospitals to improve patient care by ensuring that the right equipment is available when and where it is needed. This can help to reduce wait times and improve the quality of care.
- Increased staff productivity. Wireless asset tracking can help hospitals to increase staff productivity by reducing the time that staff spend searching for lost or misplaced assets. This can free up staff to focus on other tasks, such as patient care.
- Reduced costs. Wireless asset tracking can help hospitals to reduce their costs by preventing the loss or theft of high value assets. This can also help to reduce the need to purchase replacement equipment.
- Improved inventory management. Wireless asset tracking can help hospitals to improve their inventory management by providing real-time visibility into the location of assets. This can help to ensure that hospitals have the right supplies on hand when they need them, apart from simplifying the stock take and inventory cycle counting.
- Enhanced safety and security. Wireless asset tracking can help hospitals to enhance their safety and security by tracking the location of high-value assets, such as controlled substances and medical devices. This can help to deter theft and prevent the loss of sensitive data.
Realtime asset tracking solutions
- Reduce waste. By realtime asset tracking the location and usage of equipment, hospitals can identify areas where waste is occurring. This can lead to cost savings and improved efficiency.
- Improve compliance. Wireless asset tracking can help hospitals to improve compliance with regulatory requirements. For example, hospitals can use asset tracking to ensure that medical devices are properly calibrated and maintained.
- Gain insights into operations. Wireless asset tracking can provide hospitals with valuable insights into their operations. For example, hospitals can use asset tracking to identify bottlenecks and areas where improvement is needed.
Overall, hospital asset tracking solutions can be a valuable tool for hospitals to improve their efficiency, reduce costs, and improve patient care.