Warehouse pallet tracking & monitoring
- Easy to deploy wireless inventory & production tracking solutions
- Integrated with cloud-ready monitoring and analytics application
- Understand the movement of pallets within warehouse zones
- Monitor the utilization of rack storage in warehouses
- Log the entry and exit of pallets from the warehouse
- Understanding storage bin utilization and usage history of racks
- Grouping of trollies and bins in a pre-production environment
- Track missing bins, empty trollies, and production-ready modules
- Tracking of trollies and bins within storage and production zones
- Monitoring forklift tracking and speed control
- Alerts and notification on the unusual movement of pallets
- Monitoring of storage environment – air quality, CO2 levels, Dust, etc
- Low on maintenance. 10-year battery life and waterproof tags
The emergence of Industry 4.0 and smart warehouse inventory management have made it a necessity for manufacturing industries to adopt modern practices to optimize their production processes. Inventory tracking and monitoring using wireless technology are being adopted by leading industries for shop floor intelligence – tracking and monitoring of pallets, their location, space utilization, and working environment.
These wireless warehouse tracking & monitoring technologies can also be classified under factory asset management systems in which industries leverage such sensor technologies to improve asset visibility. This digital transformation technology is playing an important role in many mainstream industries such as logistics, warehousing, healthcare, fleet management, shipping, and factory automation.
With manufacturing industries aiming to adopt Industry 4.0 and smart manufacturing, product life cycle management, efficient production process control, supply chain visibility, and just in time logistics have increasingly become a necessity.
Owing to this platonic shift, warehouse tracking solutions are being adopted by leading corporations practicing Industry 4.0, and are anticipated to greatly impact the growth of various industries in the coming years.
This disruptive technology allows manufacturers to track a high-value asset through the entire stage of production, their real-time location, and status, and generate various reports which help them to monitor and take important actions accordingly.
Technology adoption in warehouse inventory tracking
These unique wireless asset tracking solutions also help in monitoring real-time data regarding plant & machinery and equipment to plan maintenance activities and reduce preventive maintenance costs, besides. Industries involved in warehousing, distribution & supply chain logistics, who are the main adopters of cold chain/asset tracking solutions, are able to track truck location, movement, tilt, temperature, shock & environment condition. These key forces pave the way for the adoption of wireless asset tracking technologies in smart factories and warehouses.
Currently, wireless asset tracking technologies are in the perpetual developmental stage and undergoing enhancements due to the emergence of 5G, Sigfox, LoRa, Narrow Band IOT (NbIOT), etc that are telecom industry-driven disruptions.
Pallet tracking in warehouses
The asset tracking technologies need to balance between ease of deployment, battery autonomy, transmission range, device size, wireless protocol, security and ATEX safety norms.
Some industries use active Bluetooth Low Energy, the highly proven, widely deployed technology for factory inventory tracking, equipment monitoring, and physically securing high-value assets. Ripples IoT provides best in class, tamper-proof, miniature sensor devices, dashboard software, and data visualization tools for production bin tracking.