Smart farm automation tools
Smart farms, greenhouse – IOT technology’s remote diagnostics & monitoring capabilities are also being successfully employed outside the realm of mechanical maintenance. IOT devices are being used to collect detailed and real-time data in a wide array of fields, ranging from medicine to agriculture. Robust data collection has even allowed businesses to automate certain processes and remotely manage production.
IOT wireless sensors in greenhouse / vertical farming
An excellent illustration of these capabilities comes from the agricultural industry. Forward-thinking indoor growers and nursery owners have implemented IoT devices to help monitor and manage their plants. In this scenario, a connected device continuously monitors environmental conditions such as temperature, humidity, sunlight, and soil condition.
This remote diagnostics data is then collected using sensor devices, compiled, and organized to help growers analyze long-term environmental trends. Wireless sensor devices can also be designed to automatically respond to environmental data in the greenhouse. If the device registers low moisture levels in the soil, for example, it can automatically trigger a watering system to correct it. This kind of functionality both boosts productivity, and reduces overhead costs. Like other IoT applications, the end result is a system that is more efficient, more productive, and less expensive. Less of supervisory efforts. No need to go around the farming yard to measure readings of moisture, temperature, etc.
Smart farm automation – ROI factors
From the readings taken from the temperature sensor, humidity sensor, moisture sensor, pH sensor, Greenhouse, smart farm monitoring solutions are capable of automating the process of switching on and off the actuators to provide remote temperature and humidity control, irrigation, fertigation readings
Decrease in the energy consumptions relating to all the processes of temperature and humidity control, irrigation system, etc. hence the time the pump, heater, fan, and other devices are operated reduces.
Current monitoring systems ensure that equipment consuming high electrical can be replaced or repaired for efficiency.
Realtime industrial monitoring of assets such as a heater, fan, and water pumps will reduce maintenance costs.identifying the malfunctions of these devices through temperature and vibration readings.
Soil moisture sensor reports that soil sensor triggers irrigation of the field is below optimum moisture levels for plant growth. Once the sensors detect field has had enough watering, water turns off.
- Install wireless sensors and actuators in farms
- Dashboard software and data visualisation tools to collect informastion from sensors
- Send notifications and alerts based on abnormal values
- Monitoring the pH of rain and water harvested-pH sensors
- Monitor the acidity and alkalinity of the soil-pH sensors
- Measure the soil moisture content-moisture sensor
- Monitoring the ambient lighting-ambient light sensors
- Analytics using leaf color monitoring will help early identification of plant diseases
- Monitoring all other critical factors (temperature, humidity, moisture, air quality, CO2) etc.
- Interface to existing farm monitoring systems
- Non contact body temperature and attending monitoring of farm workers
- Reduction in the usage of water(minimize the wastage of water)-proper irrigation-deploying moisture sensors
- Achieve resource optimisation in farming industry
- Reduce the usage of fertilizers by measuring the acidic and alkaline content of the soil-pH sensors