Sensor dashboard & Openhab 2
openHAB software integrates different industrial automation systems, wireless sensors devices and technologies (Zigbee, Ble, RfID) into an integrated solution. It provides uniform user interfaces, and a unified approach to automation rules across the entire system, regardless of the vast number of manufacturers and sub-systems involved. Our Openhab 2 development competencies in industrial automation includes
Openhab 2 development competencies
- Detecting and Connecting third party sensors(Philips, Heiman etc) using OH2 Binding.
- Reading wireless sensor values and displaying them on Openhab 2 dashboard.
- Sending ON/OFF, change color commands from dashboard to PHILIPS Hue bulb.
- Detecting Bluetooth low energy devices using Openhab 2
- Using HTTP binding to read sensor values from REST API
- Converting REST API to openab format and displaying the same in realtime on a dashboard.
- Storing the values of different sensors in InfluxDB using OpenHab 2
- Data visualisation using Grafana in OpenHab 2 dashboard
- Installing, configuring and fine tuning OpenHab 2 on Rpi and Intel NUC devices
- Configuring openHAB bindings with PaperUI
- Working with wide array of technologies including RFID, ZigBee and BLE
OH2 is being used to write rules connecting different devices (eg: switch on the light bulb when there is motion). MQTT binding provides the option to send commands to devices as well. It supports multiple option for storing the readings.
The data coming from the connected devices is extremely important for getting crucial insights into company’s assets and work environment. These assets such as devices or machines may be from different genre, manufacturer and works in diverse protocols. It is necessary to capture and integrate these data into a single wireless platform. openHAB, developed by Java under Eclipse public license is an open source solution that can connect with third party vendors using suitable bindings.
Our R&D team has been working in openHAB2 for the last one year, integrating all kinds of wireless sensor technologies using different protocols.