Industrial elevator monitoring
Industrial lift monitoring & management software solutions are usually built using opensource frameworks to ensure open protocols and extended life of technology., An elevator monitoring software that is deployed on a cloud platform can bring about transformation in the availability of industrial assets critical to your operations, reduce cost by optimizing usage and monitor the health of these assets on a regular basis.
Monitoring of industrial lifts
Incidents involving elevators and escalators kill about 30 and seriously injure about 17,000 people each year in the United States, according to data provided by the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics and the Consumer Product Safety Commission.
Elevators cause almost 90% of the deaths and 60% of serious injuries. Injuries to people working on or near elevators – including those installing, repairing, and maintaining elevators, and working in or near elevator shafts – account for 14 (almost half) of the annual deaths. Half of the deaths of workers working in or near elevator shafts were due to falls into the shaft. Incidents, where workers were caught in/between moving parts of elevators and escalators, are in or on elevators or platforms that collapse, or are struck by elevators or counterweights are also numerous.
One of the key technical aspects of any remote industrial elevator monitoring is its capability to integrate with fixed asset maintenance, efficiency monitoring, and billing management module of an existing facility – Industrial lift monitoring is best suited for verticals such as healthcare, housing, manufacturing, retail, airports, condominiums, etc. Elevator remote monitoring dashboard and sensor data visualisations tools allow detecting early warnings for possible fault detection.
IoT Industrial lift monitoring solutions
Implementing a lift monitoring solution can be of great use to help facilities management and housing societies keep the cost of maintenance low. There have been known cases of surprise bills being issued to apartment owners of condominiums. Some recommendations are as follows
- A ready-to-deploy solution comprising analytics software, sensors, gateways
- Alerts and notifications when the usage of the lift exceeds x hours
- Peak time usage analysis to plan preventive maintenance
- Understand usage patterns to reduce the consumption of power
- Know the floors that frequently request lift facilities
- Analyze the total time spent between floors by the commercial lift
- Elevator position monitoring & alerts for passenger safety
- Know the wear and tear of pulleys, rope, and shaft
- Lift anomaly detection using a cloud software solution.
- Detect anomalies to prevent the total breakdown of elevators & lifts
- Cloud-enabled software to monitor the usage and anomaly of the elevator
- Real-time monitoring portability flexibility using sensor data visualization & notification
Ripples IOT lift monitoring data visualization tools
Ideally, IOT starter kit and real-time data from the industrial elevator bring insights into your asset efficiency management practices – To take key decisions on how to utilize the asset more effectively, as we call it asset efficiency; or about selling or upgrading an asset if the failures happening too often or do not make economic sense to retain it.
Utilization and billing are often grey areas in many businesses – breach of trust, clerical errors, theft, abuse, and other instances drain precious revenue that is legitimately owned. IoT data dashboard software, Air quality module for safety.
Call us to know more about Ripples IoT lift remote monitoring software, industrial lift monitoring dashboard, sensor data visualization tools for real-time monitoring portability flexibility