IOT for tracking, monitoring & energy savings
Proof of concept – Smart storage management project for a leading warehousing company based out of Singapore gave useful insights on asset efficiency, cargo tracking, security, and energy savings.
The company, a 25-year-old long haul truck supplying, contract employee engagement, family-owned firm employed around 100 staff from 15 nationalities in marketing, administration, billing and audit departments. Spread over 50,000 sq.ft , the firm had assets such as air conditioners, laser printers, scanners, shredders, copiers, microwave, coffee machines, gaming consoles, power generators etc. The facility for IoT energy efficiency involved cubicles for managers, 7 conference rooms, dining area, coffee tables, kitchenette & washrooms.
The management, first of all wanted to, first of all, reduce the cost of energy, besides bringing accountability on asset usage, utilisation, track and trace for box files, contract dockets, key client documents etc placed at the 10 warehouses it owns.
Most of the equipment inside the warehouse was relatively old and there was no option to take data from. The client wanted a wireless monitoring system for all such devices. Indoor GPS positioning in warehouses can give a flip to productivity and resource optimisation.
IOT in warehouse management
We designed and integrated the solution for the client by incorporating smart IoT devices, software architecture design, installation, implementation, testing and providing valuable information through automated reports for the maintenance and accounting function heads. We also provided a full-fledged user dashboard and visualization tool which helped the company authorities obtain deeper insights into various peripherals of the warehouse.
- Availability of specific equipment – were being used or idle
- Location of portable assets such as credit card machines, laptops etc
- Knowing the usage pattern of equipment such as laser printers and coffee machines
- Preventive maintenance of power generator sets
- Track forklift usage time
- Seamless check in and check out time of employees and contractors
- Knowing the usage of air conditioning to save on energy
- Intruder entry through the front and rear doors during holidays and after-office hours
- Monitoring of server room temperature and humidity
- Detection of people moving to analyse occupancy at interview rooms
- Tracking worker count at the factory floor and warehouse premises
- Inputs for third party facility management and maintenance teams
- Custom sensor integration for moisture control of indoor plants
- Monitoring the water quality of the reception aquarium
Retrofit IoT in warehouse management.
Ripples IOT retrofit monitoring solutions will give the right information to the management, with measurable cost savings in delivering an industrial IoT solution which consists of asset efficiency, IoT energy savings, asset track and trace, smart office security and maintenance management in supply chain warehouses. These solutions were deployed across the firm on their fixed assets, thereby increasing the life of use, providing information on scheduled maintenance, refill of consumables etc.
Call or write to us to know more about our industrial IoT for warehousing, supply chain, and smart factories.