- Availability of specific equipment – were being used or idle
- Location of portable assets such as credit card machines, laptops, etc
- Knowing the usage pattern of equipment such as laser printers and coffee machines
- Preventive maintenance of power generator sets
- Track forklift usage time, areas visited, collusions during shift timings, violation of no go zones
- Seamless check-in and check-out time of employees and contractors
- Knowing the usage of air conditioning to save on energy
- Intruder entry through the front and rear doors during holidays and after-office hours
- Monitoring of server room temperature and humidity
- Detection of people moving to analyze occupancy at interview rooms
- Tracking worker count at the factory floor and warehouse premises
- Inputs for third party facility management and maintenance teams
- Custom sensor integration for moisture control of indoor plants
- Monitoring the water quality of the reception aquarium
IOT in warehousing managementWe designed and integrated the solution for the client by incorporating smart Bluetooth mesh sensors, software architecture design, installation, implementation, testing, and providing valuable information through automated reports for the maintenance and accounting function heads. We also provided a full-fledged user dashboard and visualization tool which helped the company authorities obtain deeper insights into various peripherals of the warehouse. We also provide ready to deploy social distance technology
The company, a 25-year-old long haul truck supplying, contract employee engagement, family-owned firm employed around 100 staff from 15 nationalities in marketing, administration, billing, and audit departments. Spread over 50,000 sq.ft, the firm had assets such as air conditioners, laser printers, scanners, shredders, copiers, microwaves, coffee machines, gaming consoles, power generators, etc. The facility for IOT energy efficiency involved cubicles for managers, 7 conference rooms, dining area, coffee tables, kitchenette & washrooms. Enabling warehousing social distancing is the need of the hour to protect employee safety & business continuity.
The management, first of all, wanted to reduce the cost of energy, besides bringing accountability on asset usage, utilization, track and trace for box files, inventory management, space utilisation, contract dockets, key client documents, etc placed at the 10 warehouses it owns.
Most of the equipment inside the warehouse was relatively old and there was no option to take data from. The client wanted a wireless monitoring system for all such devices. Automatic inventory tracking in warehouses can give a flip to productivity and resource optimization.
Warehouse social distancing solutions
Ripples IOT retrofit warehouse monitoring solutions will give the right information to the management by creating a digital twin, with measurable cost savings in delivering an industrial IoT solution that consists of asset efficiency, IoT energy savings, asset track and trace, smart office security and maintenance management in supply chain warehouses. These solutions were deployed across the firm on their fixed assets, thereby increasing the life of use, providing information on scheduled maintenance, refill of consumables, etc.
Call or write to us to know more about our industrial IoT in warehousing, supply chain, and smart factories. Hong Kong, Philippines, Thailand, Singapore, Malaysia, and Vietnam.