Site safety construction industry
Solutions for worker safety, equipment tracking & workflow monitoring
Why is safety important on a construction site?
Worker Safety & productivity – Construction site & industry worker safety. These industries are people-driven, they require increased workplace safety & improved productivity to tide over disruptions faced globally. Equipment tracking, understanding their utilization, ensuring uptime, etc. Internet of things (IOT) enabled lone worker monitoring solution can help provide the right information. Insights to Improve construction site safety, productivity and accountability in large industrial projects where manpower & equipment investment runs into millions. Construction site safety checklist and preventive measures for construction can be enforced.
Equipment, worker classifications at construction sites
- Worker classification is based on the type of workers provided on a weekly basis by the sub-contractor
- Workers may include but are not limited to project managers, site managers, site inspectors, site safety managers, surveyors, site supervisors, foremen, storekeepers, laborers, electricians, plumbers, brick masons, tile setters, glaziers, crane operators, forklift operators, drivers, ironworkers, roofers, etc.
- Heavy equipment may include but is not limited to mobile cranes, crawler cranes, lorry cranes, excavators, bulldozers, fork-lifts, trailers, pick-ups, concrete mixers, skid steer-loaders, wheel-tractor-scrapers, loaders, graders, trenchers, and so on to monitor and improve construction site safety tips
- Database of workmen in the construction site safety jobs (personal, official, training, induction, toolbox, etc.)
- Tracking the real-time location of workmen (with altitude) in relation to the identified structures, equipment, etc
- Alarm or intimation to all concerned personnel in case of any mishap with any workmen eg. falling from a height
- Manual alarm by the affected person (Panic/ Emergency button)
- Intimation to supervisor/HSE manager/concerned person, if the worker is working without orientation/induction like working at height, confined space, etc
- Geo-fencing and alarm if a person intrudes in a prohibited area. Read about IOT in the construction industry.
Construction site safety hazards – protect contractors, visitors
How can construction site improve safety?
- Enabling intelligent connected tools by equipping tools with very small tags inside parts of tools
- Detect and locate the tool when it is missing at the end of each work phase
- Ensure automatic worker counting and location for improving worker safety standards
- Automatic detection of unauthorized handling of mining equipment to ensure better usage & longevity
- Improve workforce productivity by gaining insights from movement matrices at work sites
- Reduce downtime of construction equipment by deploying sensors capable of generating reports
- Asset zones can be classified as normal operating zones with those equipment permitted to be simultaneously located within each designated zone.
On a Singapore construction site, regardless of its size and terrain, the safety of operators and the management of resources are important to meet the safety standards. We know that many work site accidents involve workers, you quickly realize that there is always room for improvement in long worker tracking and monitoring.
Using our construction worker tracking solution will help to meet this challenge by improving worker safety, as well as optimizing the management of task-specific teams and contractors. Indeed, knowing in real-time the number of operators present on the site and knowing in which zone or on which floor they are, may reduce the number of constriction site accidents. For example, in the event of a fire, collapse, etc, each operator will receive an audible and visual alert telling them to evacuate.
In addition to reinforcing the safety of workers, this type of wireless deployed solution will also make it possible to secure the construction site by limiting access to it to people equipped with a beacon and cross-checking with facial recognition or swipe card. Improving the safety of a Singapore construction site also means improving its overall performance, by making the intervention of the various trades more fluid and avoiding potential delays.
IOT in construction site lone worker tracking use cases
- Temperature monitoring with to our active tag, installed on each tooth of tunnel boring machine in mines, under severe temperature conditions (average 60°C with 8 bar pressure)
- Mining workers can be monitored for unsafe zones, productivity & safety in real time.
- Automatic detection of unauthorized exit for handling equipment in a truck at the stations
- industries can monitor the automatic counting of entrances & exits for workers and vehicles in the construction yard.
- All the hand tools used at the construction site have been equipped with very tags inside small parts of tools in order to detect and locate the tool location when it is missing at the end of each work phase.
- For emergency purposes, workers in mining have to be detected, counted, and located in each area of the construction towers.
- The floor tower is being equipped with mesh anchors, enabling them to know in real-time the location of each worker.
- Bunker beds & dorms are enabled with the mesh network to enforce safe distancing during the quarantine.
IOT in construction safety – construction site safety hazards
- Wireless mesh deployment negates any connectivity issues occurring due to the subterranean nature
- Worker RTLS features that help improve total internal efficiency at such construction & mining sites
- BLE modules that are tailor-made for industry application in order to run PoCs for connected workforce
- Equipment traceability applications to improve productivity & on-time repairs with RTLS
- Grouping provisions for the workforce to ensure no man is left behind at the end of a shift
- Automatic detection of unauthorized exit of mining/construction equipment in order to reduce theft
- Automatic counting of entrances and exits for workers, vehicles in order to maintain automated records
- Integrated into existing pay-roll modules in order to calculate wages associated with each worker
- System for automatic recording of visits at points of rounds for security staff within the site using rtls
IOT in Construction safety
What are the top 10 safety risks in construction? Eg ; SS 497 and SS 343 Singapore Standards complement the ACOPs and provide more information and guidelines to the workers. The construction safety solution helps implement standards and requirements related to the safe use of equipment for supervisors, safety officers, and workers working in sectors related to cranes.
How can construction site improve safety? Our indoor location tracking IOT platform as a service, with a real-time dashboard, is capable of managing multi-site operations from a remote center which creates a better decision-making environment and enables more effective, efficient, and collaborative problem-solving in the case of companies that own multiple mines at various geo-locations
Aiding in timely movement, tracking, and proper installation of prefabricated construction panels using Bluetooth tags that are reusable, and easy to deploy inside safety helmets. Has, long battery life, is compact in size, and waterproof.