Construction site worker tracking
Solutions for worker safety, equipment tracking & workflow monitoring
Worker Safety & productivity – Construction site & industry worker safety. These industries are people-driven, they require increased workplace safety & improved productivity to tide over disruptions faced globally. Equipment tracking, understanding their utilization, ensuring uptime, etc. An internet of things (IOT) enabled workflow monitoring solution can help provide the right information. Insights to Improve construction site safety, productivity and accountability in large industrial projects where manpower & equipment investment runs into millions.
Listed below are equipment and worker classification at construction sites
- Different types of worker classification are based on the type of workers provided on a weekly basis by the sub-contractor
- Workers may include but are not limited to project managers, site managers, site inspectors, site safety managers, surveyors, site supervisors, foreman, storekeepers, laborers, electricians, plumbers, brick masons, tile setter, glazier, crane operators, forklift operators, drivers, ironworkers, roofers, etc.
- Heavy equipment may include but is not limited to mobile cranes, crawler cranes, lorry cranes, excavators, bulldozers, fork-lifts, trailers, pick-ups, concrete mixers, skid steer-loaders, wheel-tractor-scrapers, loaders, graders, trenchers, and so on to monitor and improve worker safety
- Capturing database of workmen (personal, official, training, induction, toolbox, etc.)
- Tracking the real-time location of workmen (with altitude) in relation to the identified structures, equipment, etc
- Alarm or intimation to all concerned personnel in case of any mishap with any workmen eg. falling from a height
- Manual alarm by the affected person (Panic/ Emergency button)
- Intimation to supervisor/HSE manager/concerned person, if the worker is working without orientation/induction like working at height, confined space, etc
- Geo-fencing and alarm if person intrudes in a prohibited area
Construction site worker tracking for safety
- Enabling intelligent connected tools by equipping tools with very small tags inside parts of tools
- Detect and locate the tool when it is missing at the end of each work phase
- Ensure automatic worker counting and location for improving worker safety standards
- Automatic detection of unauthorized handling of mining equipment to ensure better usage & longevity
- Improve workforce productivity by gaining insights from movement matrices at work sites
- Reduce downtime of construction equipment by deploying sensors capable of generating reports
- Asset zones can be classified as normal operating zones with those equipment permitted to be simultaneously located within each designated zone.
IOT in construction site worker tracking use cases
- Temperature monitoring with to our active tag, installed on each tooth of tunnel boring machine in mines, under severe temperature conditions (average 60°C with 8 bar pressure)
- Mining workers can be monitoring for unsafe zones, productivity & safety in real time.
- Automatic detection of unauthorized exit for handling equipment in a truck at the stations
- The mining industry can monitor the automatic counting of entrances and exits for workers and vehicles in the construction yard.
- All the hand tools used at the construction site have been equipped with very tags inside small parts of tools in order to detect and locate the tool location when it is missing at the end of each work phase.
- For emergency purposes, all the workers in mining have to be detected, counted, and located in each area of the shipyard or construction towers. The floor tower is being equipped with mesh anchors, enabling them to know in real-time the location of each worker.
- Bunker beds & dorms are enabled with the mesh network to enforce physical distancing during the quarantine.
IOT in Construction industry
Eg ; SS 497 and SS 343 Singapore Standards complement the ACOPs and provide more information and guidelines to the workers. The construction safety solution helps implement standards and requirements related to the safe use of equipment for supervisors, safety officers, and workers working in sectors related to cranes.
IOT in construction site for worker safety
- Wireless mesh deployment negates any connectivity issues occurring due to the subterranean nature
- Worker RTLS features that help improve total internal efficiency at such construction & mining sites
- BLE modules that are tailor-made for industry application in order to run PoCs for connected workforce
- Equipment traceability applications to improve productivity & on-time repairs with RTLS
- Grouping provisions for the workforce to ensure no man is left behind at the end of a shift
- Automatic detection of unauthorized exit of mining/construction equipment in order to reduce theft
- Automatic counting of entrances and exits for workers, vehicles in order to maintain automated records
- Integrated into existing pay-roll modules in order to calculate wages associated with each worker
- System for automatic recording of visits at points of rounds for security staff within the site using rtls
Our indoor location tracking platform with a real-time dashboard is capable of managing multi-site operations from a remote center which creates a better decision-making environment and enables more effective, efficient, and collaborative problem-solving in the case of companies that own multiple mines at various geo-locations
Aiding in timely movement, tracking, and proper installation of prefabricated construction panels using Bluetooth mesh tags that are reusable, easy to deploy inside safety helmets. Having, long battery life, compact in size, and waterproof.